Sometimes you need to make a card in a hurry. Remember all those rolls of washi tape you have stored up? Here is a quick and easy way to use them to make a classy, no fuss card which takes minutes to put together.
Here are your 5 steps to your 5 minute make:
- Make your card base (or have a stash ready made up to make it even easier!)
- Tear off strips of washi tape and stick them down onto the card base. Here I have used the Year of Cheer speciality washi tape set which means everything coordinates perfectly.
- Stamp a sentiment – here I have used a gold ink, but if you have time, then stamp in Versamark and emboss for a more finished look.
- Die cut the sentiment and adhere on foam tape onto the card, using the washi to frame it.
- Adhere sequins (optional).
I think this card is very elegant, and it is an ideal design to use to make a card set, using different sentiments. This would make a lovely gift. My sentiment is from the Cheers to the Year stamp set from Stampin’ Up! which is super versatile and covers several different occasions.
As this card came together so quickly, I made a matching treat box which again, took minutes to make. I used one of the clear acetate treat boxes and simply tore stripes of washi to wrap around the box. You can make the join at the front of the box, and then cover this with the die cut sentiment. For a bit of glitz I added some sequin trim, but again, this is optional. Simply pop in some treats and this makes a really cute gift to match the card!
Stamp set: Cheers to the Year (144928)
Cardstock: Whisper White (106549)
I really hope you like what you see, leave me a comment below. If you would like to purchase any of the products used, click on the individual links above or click here to be taken straight to my Stampin’ Up! shopping page. Don’t forget there is also the new Autumn Winter catalogue too.
If you are interested in signing up as a demonstrator, you can join my team by clicking here. There are so many benefits, the first of which is the excellent value starter kit. If you want any more info, contact me on email@example.com