Hurrah! First Christmas card done.
I fell in love with the gorgeous Reindeer Games stamp set from Mama Elephant when I first saw their Christmas release. When I went to buy it though it was out of stock everywhere but luckily I was able to pre-order it. Whilst waiting for it to be delivered I came up with so many card ideas – I can’t wait to try some of them out!
This card took some planning though, as I had to use masking to build up a scene, and I had to figure out how to get those lights looking like they were glowing with both a light and dark backdrop. I have listed the steps below:
- Stamp the reindeer, draw the string between them with a Micron pen and then stamp the lights.
- Mask the reindeer and lights the cover these with a mask for the snow bank.
- Use Distress Inks to create the night sky then remove the masks.
- Colour the reindeer using Spectrum Noir pens.
- Use a circle stencil/mask to blend a white pigment ink over all of the bulbs which are on the night sky.
- Use the negative of the bulb mask and Distress Inks to create the brightest part of the bulbs then remove this mask and replace with circle mask to add the glow.
- Add Candy Cane Stickles to one reindeer’s nose and Star Dust Stickles to the bulbs.
- Add the sentiment, pop up on foam tape to finish.
Main supplies used pictured below:
I would like to enter this card into the Merry Monday Card Challenge “Christmas Lights and Glitter” which inspired this particular card.
All comments greatly appreciated, let me know what you think! Cx